Tips for fitting a soft top

From: Paul Heuer (paul.heuer(at)dsto.defence.gov.au)
Date: Sun Oct 26 1997 - 18:22:25 CST

Hi all,

I have just received a new soft top (the vinyl bit, frames are on the
car & working), and I would like some tips for fitting it to the car.

The car is a series 3 so it's the later shape top.

BTW, I have the option of staying with the spring & cable tensioners
over the side windows or going to the velcro seal used on the later cars
(series 5?), any opinions on which is better? The velcro system would be
easier to install on the new top. Does it work well in practice?

Cheers,
Paul.