RE: Vogue, Sceptre etc.

From: Lauri Lehtinen (lauri(at)lorenzo.pp.fi)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 01:46:02 CST

Jarrid wrote:>
>I also believe that iron headed 1725 arrows were made, which
>had the oddball port configuration. Super Minxes?

I have seen those castiron-head minx / Arrow cars. And an Arrow automatic
had single Stromberg. Super Minx was made with alloy-head 1725, and Minx
Super Sport had dual Stromberg intake, maybe with a common intake manifold
with Alpine. (I mean that Super Minx before Hunter/Arrow body, about 1966).
Baby Cuda Alpine had 2 strombergs, but both manifolds were un-suitable to
series Alpines (I tried hard but in vain!°).

I have not seen even a photo of a Vogue, so I am curious to hear more, a
friend of mine have 2 Vogues as parts cars. What a pity none of his
Hunter/Arrow/Vogue cars has an O/D unit.

By the way, are there any suitable Rootes rear axles to give longer ratio
than std Alpine with no O/D?

Larry
PS: my Landsdowne 1:43 Alpine jumped down from the top of my screen and
lost its front bumper!