Re: Rechrome costs?

From: Christopher Albers (Christopher.Albers(at)bubbs.biola.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 22:59:14 CST

GSTROM99(at)aol.com,Internet writes:
>I'm about to look into getting my bumpers rechromed. They're not all
>beat up
>and rusty and such, the chrome is just kinda worn out and "crazed".

>What is the going rate for both bumpers and the bumper guards? I don't
>have
>any idea what is reasonable and I want to be "an educated consumer"
>when I go
>in so I don't get taken.

>Thanks.

>Gary Strom
>Series II

>From: GSTROM99(at)aol.com
>Subject: Rechrome costs?
>Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 21:52:18 EST
I have recently been acquiring estimates for all the chrome on my car.
Most estimates list the bumpers between $90 and $110 each for a quality
chrome job. This would include a copper base (sometimes not necessary
on steel, but definately on pot) followed by a buff, then a nickel coat
and buff, and finally a chrome plate and buff. This is generally the
most durable and best looking type of plating job. There are other
that are better looking and more expensive for concours finishes. Hope
this helps.

Christopher Albers
'67 SV od BRG