RE: alpines(at)autox.team.net digest #591 Tue Feb 10 04:05:00 MST 19 98

From: Kristian Jonsson (KJN(at)ksu.se)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 05:45:56 CST

> Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:30:00 -0800
> From: "Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA)" <GROSS(at)UNIT.COM>
> Subject: RE: Vogue, Sceptre etc.
>
> Larry wrote,
>
>>What are the differencies between 1725 engines of Humber
Sceptre,
>Singer

>>Alpine Mk5 (and that baby Cuda which carries Alpine name)?
>>That Rapier/Alpine (?) H120 had dual webers and hotter cam
(hadn't
>it?),
>>but were those other engines similiar to each other? Did the
bhp output
>>vary a lot or not at all?
> >
>>It surely have been mentioned earlier, but I also wonder the
> differencies
>>of dual (early) valve springs and the latter single spring
> construction.
>>Which to prefer?
> >
>>Unhappy Larry
>>(got an unwaited $4500 tax bill, two weeks to get the
money...)

>>PS: With those bucks I could have had new bumpers, maybe.

>I dont know of all the tecnical details of the Arrrow range,
but I do
>know that there were at least factory cams (excluding Holbay),
> outputs ranged from something like 65BHP to 92.

>I also believe that iron headed 1725 arrows were made, which
>had the oddball port configuration. Super Minxes?

>Larry, sorry to hear of your tax delemma, especially if $4500
only gets
>you bumpers up there.

>Cheers,
>Jarrid

        The iron head Arrow Hunter (post -66) 1500 was called Minx in
U.K
        The iron head 1725 in Commer van, series Minx S VI (pre-66) ,
        and Super Minx
Basically the 1725 alloy head engines are af the same design. Different
details on the outside like inlet and exhaust parts and inside different
camshaft.

Kristian Jonsson