Minilite Knockoffs - Was "On Wire Wheels"

siegfried (sdoerrer(at)ix.netcom.com)
Sun, 01 Mar 1998 09:50:33 -0500

Jay, you wrote:

> As to non-wire knock offs, Moss Motors sells a really nice Mini-lite style
> wheel with a splined hub in the center. However, the price of a full set
> is about as much as the average Alpine/Spridget is worth!

Real Expensive! However, in 2/98 "MG Enthusiast", Brown & Gammons advertises identical-looking wheel for 130 Sterling (inc. 17.5% VAT)- about US$175 (w/o VAT).

1) I've never mail ordered from England - any issues or problems I should be aware of? 2) Brown & Gammons - do they have a good or bad reputation? 3) These minilite knock offs - any list experience with these?

Siegfried Doerrer