Re: Series V Fan Belt and Water Pump Question

p wheeler (pwheeler(at)ix.netcom.com)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 05:23:59 -0800

Please do not use the fan belts I listed below. Dick was right, they are too tight and caused my pump, which was on its last legs, to wear against the bearings/impellor/whatever. Fortunately, I did not drive any distance, and I hope to be able to rebuild it. I put the old belt back on and the noise went away. I took a screwdriver, placed one end againt the pump and one to my ear and could here all sorts of unhealthy little rattles in the pump when it was operating. New pump is on order. Thanks -Patrick