Re: New Alpine Owner

DSand95510(at)aol.com
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 21:20:27 EDT

In a message dated 98-07-08 20:18:26 EDT, Rex Funk wrote:

>>Is an Alpine engine swap a difficult chore?

>Not with the right tools. Start with a good manual and follow it
>step-by-step. I think the best way to remove the engine is to take the
>trans with it..................

Very good advice, but I'll beg to differ on this one small point:

If there's a known tranny or shifter problem to be addressed, or if you don't have the right tools to easily remove the rear tranny seal, pulling them together might be best, but............

Alpine engines come out with relatively little difficulty, without removing the transmission. Pulling both together creates a bigger, heavier, and clumsier mass to try to wrestle in and out of the engine bay without leaving dents behind. And you had better have a pretty tall cherry picker.

IMHO

Dick Sanders