Re: Club

Russell Maddock (rmaddock(at)petrie.starway.net.au)
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 14:42:24 +1000

Although I think the idea of electronic communications is a good one, won't this ostracise owners who are technologically challenged? I've been enthusiastically spreading the good word about the mailing lists and websites in my part of the world, but few people seem interested in buying a computer just to extend their motoring hobby. A lot don't have the computer savvy either.

Speaking as a former editor I know what a pain in the rear printing, postage and mailing is. I had been thinking about starting a trial electronic newsletter to run parallel to the printed one, but quit my post before anything happened. I have doubts about how successful this would have been however because at best only about 10% of our members have access to email.

Russ Maddock Brisbane, Australia

http://www.petrie.starway.net.au/~sunbeam Sunbeam Imp Sport Talbot Alpine GLS Sunbeam Alpine SIII GT Peugeot 505 STi

-----Original Message----- From: Rex Funk <rexfunk(at)magick.net> To: alpines(at)autox.team.net <alpines(at)autox.team.net> Date: Saturday, 18 July 1998 8:18 Subject: Re: Club