Re: 'Super Sunbeam' (fwd)

Russell Maddock (rmaddock(at)petrie.starway.net.au)
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:02:16 +1000

A good try but I think your correspondent is barking up the wrong tree.

The Thirty was designed to take on the likes of Rolls-Royce and Daimler. = It would have been very smooth and quiet, something Roesch excelled at. I th= ink it is also highly unlikely that any Thirty prototypes ever left England.

More likely what he saw was a Super Sports Sunbeam. (See http://www.petrie.starway.net.au/~sunbeam/models/3litre.htm). These were built from 1925 to 1930. They were aimed squarely at Bentley and well and truly defeated Bentley at LeMans in 1925.

That car would be worth a considerable amount of money today. A six figur= e sum for sure, whether we're talking pounds or dollars.

Russ Maddock Brisbane, Australia

http://www.petrie.starway.net.au/~sunbeam Sunbeam Imp Sport Talbot Alpine GLS Sunbeam Alpine SIII GT Peugeot 505 STi

-----Original Message----- From: Jerome Yuzyk <jerome(at)supernet.ab.ca> To: alpines(at)autox.team.net <alpines(at)autox.team.net> Date: Tuesday, 21 July 1998 8:39 Subject: 'Super Sunbeam' (fwd)

- >- BRIDGE Scientific Services | www.tgx.com/bridge =