Re: PCV Valves and tuning

From: Louie & Laila (bwana(at)c2i2.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 21:15:03 CDT

Well Howdy there Newbie! Never heard that one out of the Marine corps or
pizza context so it threw me off.

"In my experience" ( the most dangerous words to come out of the mouth of a
secnd Leutenant), What you have is normally traced to worn throttle shaftsor
leaks, but you said they were new. I would at least check the throttle
shafts again for leaks. The second thing it that your needle valves are
worn. But you said they were new! The third is that the needle valves were
not properly centralized when installed and are worn out of round . The
shaft at the base will get worn and flow more fuel, but then once it opens,
it doesn't flow as much fuel at the higher end as it should. The way the
carbs are designed, they meter fuel based on the engine vacum. (I haved
guessed you know this). If you have checked all of these things, Then I
would look at actual fuel pressure to the carbs. After that, I would look
for clogs here and there. After that, I would ask the list again or Jarrid
Gross!