Re: Mystery for the Ages (CD150's)

From: Jeff Howarth (jeff(at)v8tiger.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 10 1999 - 17:57:57 CDT

Chris,

it sounds like you are having a bit of fun....

One thought which may be worth checking is the setting of the float
height. This is adjusted by bending the part of the float assembly which
operates the fuel flow valve.

You said you changed the valve form a good carb but if the float is high
and not set to close the valve, it doesn't matter if the valve is good
or bad.

If you have the manual just read through the pages on setting up the
carbs and see if it helps.

This runs you through setting the carbs up and adjusting the float
heights. each time I have had problems I have gone through this process
and I have found the problem each time.

whenever I get to the stage of throwing large heavy things at the wall,
I try to start with basics, it stops the hammers bouncing off the wall
and damaging the bodywork!! 8-)

If you still are having lots of fun, get a beer from the fridge and
drink it while you mail me back and I will try to help if I can.

good luck

Jeff

--
Jeff Howarth