Re: rear brake line

From: Christopher Albers (Christopher.Albers(at)bubbs.biola.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 03:07:42 CDT

mbgardner(at)freewwweb.com writes:
>Does anyone stock the rear steel brake line from the passenger wheel
>cylinder to the flexible hose connection on the rear axle.?

It is very easy to make your own. You can buy lengths of 3/16" tubing
from most any auto parts store, but you usually have to buy something
that already has fittings or bulk of 25 feet. To get a small length go
to a brake supply store. They can cut it to spec and even do the
flares for you (don't forget to give them the fittings first). I redid
all my lines to switch to DOT 5. I bought 25' of tubing, a flaring
tool and went to work. Very pleased with the result.
Good luck.

Christopher