Re: DOES ANYONE KNOW

From: herbeam (herbeam(at)cari.net)
Date: Thu Apr 22 1993 - 11:17:15 CDT

Chris...alot of parts have a casting date and that can usually give you a
general idea of when the part might have been assembled...Example...I have a
trans with a casting date of 010763 so I am definitely sure it is a Series
III as it is a non syncro 1st and reverse is at the opposite side of a V
transmission. The cylinder heads all have casting dates (last two digits of
the year), I quite sure other parts may be marked as well. Camshafts have
part numbers on them. Let us know the results of your examinations