Re: repair manuals

From: Louie & Laila (bwana(at)c2i2.com)
Date: Fri Apr 23 1999 - 00:42:33 CDT

Funny you should mention that. I have a Haynes, Autobook, and Clymer and
they all seem to be nothing more than "reprints" of the shop manual! Look at
the drawings sometime and compare them. I have them more in the way of a
book collection, but if I was going to spend the cash to add some power to
my Alpine Knowledge, I would buy the book of tech tips put out by the SAOC.
I have it at work, and I am amazed by the additional info it has! It is also
current, meaning that if someone did a job, chances are it has a wiring
diagram or part number to aid the modern day car owner. I don't have a copy
of the "Survivor", the TEAE notes, but I hear it is a great source of info
as well. But other than that, the shop notes will do just fine. For you, the
"Rootes Light Car Range" with 1725 engine Workshop Manual (WSM.145) should
do nicely.Lou