Re: repair manuals

From: Jerome Yuzyk (jerome(at)supernet.ab.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 23 1999 - 07:47:49 CDT

In article <14625-371FED4F-2713(at)postoffice-233.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
rnanzig(at)webtv.net (robert nanzig) wrote:
> I have a copy of the Rootes workshop manual which , along with the
> suggestions of you folks, is my sole source of guidance for repair and
> maintenance for my Alpine. Is there anything to be gained from other
> publications such as Chiltion's or Clymer which occasionally become
> available at auction, or is the Rootes manual the definitive word for
> Alpine repair?

I have the Rootes, Clymer, Haynes and AutoBook (AutoPress) manuals. The
latter 3 mostly reprint the Rootes material, though each adds just a
little in their presentation. I don't have the Haynes right here, but I
seem to remember that it has more photos of some operations, just as
Haynes does with their other books. They Clymer book has some
Tiger-related additions.

If you already know what you're doing auto-wise then the other books
won't be a lot of extra help. In retrospect the Haynes manual would be
my 2nd book, followed by the Parts Manual. The Rootes manual isn't very
well done in the scheme of things, and the use of English terms makes
life just that much harder for a total newbie (like me).

--

- J e r o m e Y u z y k | jerome(at)supernet.ab.ca - - BRIDGE Scientific Services | www.tgx.com/bridge - - Sunbeam Alpine Series II #9118636 | www.tgx.com/bridge/sunbeam - - I'm going to SUNI III... Are You? | www.newsource.net/suni3 -