Engine swaps

From: Paul Heuer (paul.heuer(at)dsto.defence.gov.au)
Date: Mon Apr 26 1999 - 19:22:51 CDT

Hi all,

Just a little development here in South Australia that is worth
considering when you decide what to power your car with.

We have a 'Historic Registration' class that lets us use our cars for 90
days a year (fill out a logbook before you leave home) and costs about a
third of 'normal' registration. Insurance is also *much* cheaper. The
catch is that the car must be mostly authentic to qualify. A V6 swap is
not acceptable, and I suspect another maker's 4cyl will be frowned upon
too.

If such a system were to be offered in your locale, would you mind
missing out in favour of your V6 conversion? I'm not advocating either
way, just telling the facts as they are here in Oz.

Cheers,
Paul.