Re: Tranny

From: chuck nicodemus (armorseal(at)iccom.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 19:51:19 CST

jumpin'jan wrote:

> Be advised, that when you pull the cluster gear shaft out, all the
> needle bearings will fall into the bottom of the case.

HA HA HA , thats all I need !!

> Now the fun
> starts on reassembly.

As i read in the book ,,,,,) Metheinks an experiancced person needs to help
out any takers. I'll furnish brown bubbly?

> You need to fabricate a dummy shaft (per service
> manual)that will hold all those needle bearings in the cluster until the
> cluster shaft is installed. Actually, the cluster needs to be dropped
> before the input/output shafts can be removed. On reassembly, the
> cluster is the last to be installed, so the dummy shaft holds it
> together so one can insert the cluster shaft. Did you get all of that?

wheree do you live I'l be right over...)

> It's a little tricky.

It sounds that way to say the least.
Thanks for the pointers and ....Dang what did I get my self into??
Cheers
chuck