Re: roll bar

From: Alpdavegre(at)aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 20:21:55 CST

Bill, Tom & Listers,

This is hard to describe in words and no pictures. If you want a drawing send
me your snail mail address and I'll send it to you.

    To modify the convert. side covers the screw pivot that is just behind
the drivers & passenger doors I removed & found a threaded aluminum sleeve
that had the correct threads and just had to file the OD to slip fit into the
pivot bracket. Then the hard part. On the side doors I removed the wire that
the doors pivot at the rear. I made a bracket that I could use the same screw
holes as my side door lock pins engage into the middle door. I made a pin
that went down into a sleeve/bracket
that I bolted in by the sheet metal for the convertable top well. Then you
unlock the center door and lift out the side doors. Put the top up or down,
then swing the center door shut. When the top is up it is a tight fit to get
the doors out of the way but no bad. I also mounted button snaps(3 of them)
on each side of the convert. well to secure the top side flaps to the
aluminum trim piece. This keeps the top tight on the sides but you can't see
them at all.

Tom saw Sues car at the Suni 3 Concours but I had the hardtop on. Sues car
does not use the cable pull locks that are on (S2? and later cars). It has
spring loaded pins to secure the convert.doors. Definately more of a pain in
the..... to shut and open and get them aligned!

Dave G.