ColtBeam Project Car Update ***Delete if you are a Purist or Despise the Resurrection of "Crusher Cars"

From: herbeam (herbeam(at)cari.net)
Date: Sat Nov 13 1999 - 00:38:06 CST

The ColtBeam Project is coming along nicely. I have transplanted a '77
Dodge Colt 1600/5 spd into a 64 Alpine Automatic Body. The Chain Driven OHC
engine Clears everything in the engine compartment with room to spare. The
rear transmission mount bolted to a small plate welded in the bottom of the
empty Alpine crossmember and the Stock shifter comes out of the hole
properly. I used a set of 79 Dodge Colt 2600 motor mounts and bolted them to
plates welded to and aft of the suspension crossmember, bolting them to the
engine at precisely the correct location using 3/16" mild steel vertical
plates side bolted. I placed the engine as far back and as low as
possible(oilpan same level as front crossmember) which allows future
placement of the 2000 engine which is 2" taller and longer. I already have a
dual 40mm sidedraft manifold for the 2000 and will eventually install it. I
am searching for a stock 74-76 cast iron high flow header which dumps aft
(stock part) if anybody knows of one let me know.

Pictures are at http://web.cari.net/~herbeam/graphics and all are
subtitled ColtBeam if you care to view. Please send your comments to
herbeam(at)cari.net