Re: Weber carbs on SII

From: Ian Spencer (ian(at)sunbeamalpine.org)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 07:17:36 CST

There are two styles of intake manifolds for the Weber DCOE's. One is the short
style and the other is a version that has a step that raises the carbs up
higher. The one with the step causes the rear carb to hit the strut. So, it
needs to be removed or altered. The short version is the one to get cause it
allows you to continue using the strut. One other consideration...will the
DCOE's interfere with the master cylinders on a left hand drive Alpine? My
Harrington is RHD and has the DCOE's, so no problem. But, I was always under
the impression that this caused a problem for the LHD cars. Can anyone verify
this? Jay Laifman....Didn't we discuss this once?

The throttle linkage is very simple. The original linkage connects to a rod
that mounts to the top of the intake manifold in two places. this rod has three
adjustable arms. One that goes to each carb, and another that attaches to the
original linkage rod from the accelerator pedal. I can send you pics if you
want. - Ian

Oh yah....I forgot to mention. Someone at one time had an intake manifold that
mounted a single DCOE to the Alpine engine. Maybe this would be a nice
alternative for you. Anyone have any of these three different styles of intakes
for sale?

--
Ian Spencer <www.sunbeamalpine.org>
'61 Harrington Alpine B9104782 OD HRO