Re: Painting Wheel Rims

From: Jerome Yuzyk (jerome(at)supernet.ab.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 10:04:06 CST

In article <002301bf34b1$fc92d440$0100000a(at)poohbear>,
"Ian Hobbis" <ihobbis(at)wave.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi all..
> I have a powdercoat facility and whilst it is wonderful for non stressed or
> decorative applications, I would be careful about doing any rims. I will not
> be doing my Talbot rims.

There is a company here in Edmonton called

   Endura Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
   +1.780.451.4242
   www.compusmart.ab.ca/endura

that makes a paint (actually a "plastic coating") used in the trucking
industry and elsewhere. Very tough and used by default for high-wear
pieces. I thought of using it for my car, but it's meant for single
pieces because it can't be blended with existing paint or something.
They have over 20,000 colours.

--

= J e r o m e Y u z y k | jerome(at)supernet.ab.ca = BRIDGE Scientific Services | www.bss.ab.ca = Sunbeam Alpine Series II #9118636 | www.bss.ab.ca/sunbeam