Re: Painting Wheel Rims

From: Ian Hobbis (ihobbis(at)wave.co.nz)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 01:22:42 CST

Hi all..
I have a powdercoat facility and whilst it is wonderful for non stressed or
decorative applications, I would be careful about doing any rims. I will not
be doing my Talbot rims.
As the rims are subjected to alot of stone chipping, this becomes the
perfect start point for rust to creep under the powdercoat. And once
started..nothing will stop it. and any sandblaster will tell you how hard it
is to remove powdercoat, should you need to redo the rims at a later date!!!
I would recomend a good sandblast, Zinc prime, and as Jan says, use a good
single pack automotive finish.

Ian Hobbis
1950 Mk1 Talbot DHC