Re: CD 150 & questions

From: Scott Donnelly (oharajem(at)free.midcoast.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 10:09:15 CST

The rear carb. on my Alpine apparently also has a leak as evidenced by
the squirting sound of gas (refilling the bowl?) when the ignition key
is first turned to the run position (electric fuel pump running). I've
felt a slight dampness on the underside of the carb. but can't determine
it's source. Also the rear carb. seems to run rich, at least at idle as
those plugs tend to get black after prolonged idling. Is this a matter
of adjustment or a symptom of the leaking carb.? Is a carb. rebuild
something I should attempt or send out? What is the advantage of Grose
jets?
Scott Donnelly
SV