What have I got?

From: GSTROM99(at)aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 07:58:45 CST

I needed to rebuild my clutch master cylinder for my Series II. In my
spares, I had an old unused rebuild kit, but I ordered a new kit from Rick to
be safe. I couldn't get the new plunger back down the bore and was really
stumped. I compared the size of the piston to an old rusty master (with a
steel cap) that I also had and find they are slightly different! The master
cylinder that is in the car now is marked (and measures out to) .70 and the
old rusty one is .750 and the new kit fits that old one fine. I ended up
using the rebuild kit that I had and it drove fine yesterday (60 degrees in
Chicago!).

Pegasus sells the r/b kits for the Lockheed masters by bore size, but they
want at least $20 for 'em...

Which one of our cars had the .70 clutch master cylinder (it has a plastic
cap), so I can order the right one from Rick(?) for a spare?

Gary Strom