Re: NOS Parts and Harrington Le Mans in Olympia Wa.

From: Ian Spencer (ian(at)sunbeamalpine.org)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 07:09:37 CST

Everyone,
First off, I just returned from a long journey that proved to be most
successful. Jan Servaites and I managed to bring back a very solid
Series V, a very nice Harrington Le Mans, and a mostly complete
Harrington Le Mans parts car. Not to mention a bounty of good NOS and
used parts. It's always nice when a deal turns out to be better than
what you expected, especially when you're spending a lot of hard earned
cash.

You can bet that Jan is excited to officially be a member of the
Harrington club. The whole way home he contemplated all the things he
wants to do to the car to make it better. His car is very nice, but
needs some attention to detail. Jan should be able to whip it into shape
in no time.

About the collection of parts in Olympia WA:

I have received several e-mails while I was away and I'm hoping to
answer them all with this one so here it goes. Sounds to me like this
stuff isn't worth putting a lot of effort into bringing across the
country. A reliable source who has seen this stuff up close tells me
that very little to none of the NOS parts belongs to Alpines or Tigers.
It's mostly English Ford, and Renault.

The Series 5 race car is shot and the only thing worth getting is the
Harrington Le Mans. It is pretty much a body shell only. Most of the
interior and trim are gone. I would be interested in this car, but would
need help or a place to store it until I could figure out a way to bring
it to Ohio. This attorney wants to sell everything as one lump sum, so
that could make it difficult to get the Harrington only.

The Harrington came from Stony Barnes in CA years ago. It's ironic...The
Harrington that Jan and I just hauled back from St. Paul, MN was an ex
Stoney Barnes too. Does anyone know Stoney? I'd like to get in touch
with him.

--
Ian Spencer <www.sunbeamalpine.org>
'61 Series II Alpine B9104704 LRX