Re: Steering Column Plastic

From: Ian Hobbis (ihobbis(at)wave.co.nz)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 19:14:16 CST

The static is used for attraction to enable 'wrap around', but it is not
essential.
I powdercoat Wooden products in my factory here, without a problem.
But, Oven temperature is the most critcal factor. Too hot and the powder is
brittle and or the item can melt or burn, too cold and the powder will not
fuse and crosslink and will breakdown in UV .
I would be very wary powdercoating the plastic column covers. Nothing more
demoralising than opening the oven and finding melted car parts in the
bottom..:-)

Ian