Rev. 8/9/96 RG
The British-cars file servers and how to get them:
Please make sure you read the page about accessing
the Team.Net archives and servers for detailed instructions and directory
listings, before you post any files.
The British Cars list doesn't have a single FAQ, but we do have file
servers with lots of technical and other information on it, as well as
the list digests since 1991.
The file servers are machines where various archives and articles of
interest are stored. You may get copies via "anonymous FTP",
or from the E-mail file server.
Instructions on How to connect can be found
on the Access page.
SOL Archive Contents
Note: Some files contain "ASCII Graphics", which must
be viewed or printed with a fixed font such as courier
(like this paragraph) to appear correctly.
Highlites of what is available (this is not a full index):
- Text version of this file. (Note: capital letters- FTP is case sensitive.
- Brief explanation of file compression and some sources of extractor
- Guidlines for companies on the british-cars list.
- British and other parts suppliers list- Phil Ethier
- 1990-94 Surveys of "our cars".
- Land-Rovers: Introduction and buyers guide.
- Triumph GT6: Introduction and buyers guide.
- Listing of Lotus car models by type number.
- History of Rover 3.5 litre engine
- List of appropriate fluids to use in British cars. RG
- Misc. Engine & acc. paint codes.
- Paint codes list, 1961-80 MG's
- "Tuning Your SU Carbs" by Roger Garnett
- Clutch Operation -R. Garnett
- almost 500K bytes of "the best of" tech advice and quotes
from Scott Fisher #1.
- How engine timing works -by Jim Muller
- Automotive Buying/maintaince Checklist -Buja/Garnett
- "HAYSTACK" is a DOS program & documentation for selecting
SU carb needles by Dean Deeds (self-extracting pk-zip file. Transfer
in binary, and run "suneedle" on your PC. Haystack files will
be created in current directory)
- Info on how to join the Vintage Triumph Register
- Info on how to join the North American MGB Register
- Info on the Peerless & Warwick Register
- VTR Auto-x rules.
/sol/Images Pictures Directory-Various pictures of "our
- Pictures in GIF image form (Preferred).
- Pictures stored in JPEG image form (2nd preference).
- Movies, in MPEG form.
/sol/Digests -Archives of British-car mail (directory)
compressed files, 50 days each
older archives, 1 month each
British Car Mailing list archives & pictures
- Main British Cars archive
- Sunbeam Alpines
- All Healeys
- PreWar British Cars
- Sunbeam Tigers
- Triumph TR8
- All triumphs
- Vintage Triumph Register
- All files ending in .Z, .zip, .exe, .mpg, .gif, and .jpg need to be
transferred in BINARY mode.
- Compressed files need to be extracted to be used.
- More information on compression/decompression, and where to find the
programs is available in the file DECODERS.FAQ.
Uploading files to the FTP server:
- Please use common compression programs when possible, or plain ASCII
for smaller files.
- Please upload *all* graphic images to the \sol\Images directory, not
to just \sol.
- Try to keep file names short & descriptive -using 8.3 format, (xxxxxxxx.yyy)
for the benefit of all users.
These forums are publicly available, and not-for-profit. If you find
these lists, or the Team.Net Automotive Archives server useful, we request
that you send a $5-10 donation to help support the host computer and hard
drive(s). So, if you'd like to contribute to this fund, send in a check,
made out to "Fat Chance Garage" to this address:
Fat Chance Garage
PO Box 58333
Salt Lake City, UT 84158
If you have any trouble with this server, email email@example.com
with a description of the problem.
This page is maintained by Roger
Garnett. Please send comments & errors to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1989-1996 Team.Net
Team.Net Webs Index] Team.Net Archives Page