Transmission and Seats

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission and Seats
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 06:47:17 -0500
Hi Everyone,
   I think that #23 is in need of a new transmission.  Has anyone out there gone
to a 4 spd automatic in a 74, or better yet, has anyone been successful in
swapping a 4 or 5 spd manual trans into one that had the 727?  I would really
like to go to a manual transmission.
   Does anyone know if a brake/clutch from some AMC might fit?
   Also I am looking to get some new seats.  I remember hearing that Fiero seats
worked well.  I wanted to know if the seats fit using the hardware from the
Fiero or if the mounting brackets from the Bricklin had to be mounted to the
seats.  (my brackets are rusted pretty badly and i twisted off a bolt removing
the seat and i would like to find a car that has seats and brackets that would
fit into the brick...if that is possible)?
   Thanks in advance.

                                                        Jamie