Re: Blessing In Disguise

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blessing In Disguise
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 07:29:40 -0500
At 10:33 PM 4/2/99 -0800, you wrote:

>Now all I have to to is extend the wiring so I can put the inside door
>switches in the console.  It appears that the console I have has not been
>designed with the same switch mounting points as the factory console.
>Anybody run across this?  What is the easiest way to extend the wiring?
>Whatever it is, I'm sure that I will be extending 14 wires!

Riley,

Since the wires have spade lugs on the to slip onto the swtiches, I'd
suggest that you by a package of male and female spades,  some wire, and
a roll of electrical tape.  Cut the extension strips off the roll of wire
and SOLDER a male and a felmale spade to the wire.  Do NOT, mearly try
and crip them.  I've been chasing electrical problems on several of my
previously owned cars.  Most of the problems come back to the fact that
the crimps aren't tight and the wires are pulling out of the spades.

Now all you have to do, is pull one wire off the switch, plug the male
end of your extension wire into it, and plug the female onto the switch.
You won't have to worry about getting the wires mixed up or anything!

>Also, I noticed that my driver side 1/4 window came loose...way loose!
>Now I have an excuse to go ahead and purchase a T50 torx driver and
>remove the interior 1/4 panel.

I don't understand the connection between the seat belt bolts and the
1/4 glass.  They are seperated by about 4' and have nothing in common.
As to removing the seat belt bolts, good luck.  It depends on how badly
your car is rusting.  On 887, I broke 3 Torx sockets trying to undo the
seatbelt bolts.  I finally had to cut them out.  It took me several
hours for each one!

>3:  I remember someone mentioning painting the inside of the body panels
>flat black so the car doesn't have a "translucent" look or something like
>that.  what paint should I ask for?  (e.g. part #)

I don't suggest painting the floor boards.  They are supposed to be
natural fiberglass.  If you paint them with a flat black you will loose
points in a show (if you care).  If you want to protect the floor boards,
I'd suggest cleaning them up and either applying another coat of fiberglass
resin (which is what I'm doing) or paint them with clear POR-15 (which is
what George Malaska is doing).

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi