Re: Bricklin - pneumatic fittings

To: jblair@exis.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin - pneumatic fittings
From: "J F" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:52:16 +0000
>Marvin,
>
>    What caps and plastic compression rings?  Where do they go?
>
>John

John,
In my past life as a mechanic at a plant that used bunches of air fittings
and solenoids we used both the fittings that had the nipplesin them and used
nuts that had nylon ferrels in them -- the hole in the nut was slightly
larger than what we use now and the ferrel had a sleeve that went a little
above the nut and then would slide on the tubing and that would slide over
the nipple in the fitting. No muss no fuss.  In other words, if you looked
at one of the nuts there would be a sleeve of nylon extending out of the
hole and the ferrel would be inside.  It seems complicated but it's not. Kim