Re: carb. Range Rover conversion

To: Jon <jona@earthworld.com>
Subject: Re: carb. Range Rover conversion
From: Scott Donnelly <oharajem@free.midcoast.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:42:41 -0500
Jon, Later model RRs do in fact have a fault code LED on the
ECU, but not mine- needs to be plugged in to the dealers
computer. The reality of my use is that of a daily driver,
mostly for a short 8 mile rural commute. I'm a conservative
and infreguent off roader, again because I need this car to
get to work. You are not this first to discourage this set
up re: off road performance, but other than inclination
problems do you believe drivability would suffer in general?
I've heard the Offenhauser Dual Port (as opposed to dual
plane) is a well matched for the RR in that it provides good
low end response (what I need given weight of vehicle). The
Holley 4bbl. on the other hand seems to get mixed reviews.
Now that you know a little more about my use, Iąd appreciate
any further thoughts or comments. Thanks!