ignition

Subject: ignition
From: Simon Sparrow <Simon.Sparrow@wang.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:48:04 +1200
Hi,

I've had a slight missfire on my car recently and noticed that the rotor arm
was looking a bit worn -  its been on there for about 4 years. Anyway I
purchased a new distributor cap and rotor arm, and the missfire is terrible
now! If I accelerate the car will not run cleanly until I back off the
throttle, then it seems OK.

Any ideas? Could it be that the rotor arm is out of phase with the posts on
the distributor unless high vacuum (light throttle) causes the vacuum
advance to move the baseplate round a bit? The car idles OK, but of course
its under no load.

The old rotor arm was about 2mm shorter than the new one, due to wear. The
rest of the ignition system is in pretty good shape.

Thanks

Simon

> .-->

Simon Sparrow