TR7 to V-8 Tach modification

To: "'buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net'" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR7 to V-8 Tach modification
From: Perry Robinson <PROBINSO@flower-mound.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:13:39 -0600
Does anyone know how to convert a TR7 tach to work with a v8?  I have read
several books on Z-car/V-8 conversions, which state that a simple resistor
(of the proper size) is inserted into the wire driving the tach, thus giving
an accurate reading.  Does anyone know of someone who has performed this
type of modification on a TR7 tach to be used with the 3.5 liter?  TR8 tachs
are rare as hen's teeth, and everyone wants one.  I have a perfect
instrument pack, and would love to be able to use it.

Let me know, all you electrical enginneers out there!

Bye.

Perry
1961 MGA Mk II
1979 TR7~8