Re: 4.2 engine/4.6 block

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4.2 engine/4.6 block
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:42:19 -0400
> Lorne, thanks for the POV. Do you have any additional information regarding
> the company in Miami with the low cost 4.6?
>
> Tom Joyner
> Durango
> 88 RR

Sure..I spoke to the fellow but, in the end, chose not to buy from him
as I felt more comfortable with a familiar UK supplier who could do some
machining modes and had the camshaft I wanted with a degree'ed in
install.

Try Mohammed at Euro parts (tell him "Chris" gave you the price) 1
800-274-4830
The price does compare favourably with LRNA who sells the same block
(Part no. LBB111520) for 3700 US plus taxes. BTW, I have found that LRNA
is the most expensive place to buy LR parts in the world...you are
better off ordering from anywhere else.

One or two codicils to Franc's comments. The older LR engines with the
original LR sump may have a mild problem with the baffling and pickup
requiring some bolt holes to be drilled in the new block depending on
your present configuration.  As well, I was not aware that the 215 sump
was a perfect fit on the LR blocks..(I am willing to be corrected here).
If not, a used sump can be purchased about 25 pounds fairly easily. LR
now uses a alloy sump. (ugh!)

Lorne