RE: 4.2 engine/4.6 block

To: <lmg@gomog.com>
Subject: RE: 4.2 engine/4.6 block
From: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 18:02:08 -0400
Lorne-

The 215 is not a perfect fit, but is very possible, as is a Rover sump on a
215. On each, the length of the oil pick up is different, so you must use a
Rover pick up with a Rover pan, Buick pick up with a 215 pan.

There is a slight difference in the location of the front corner bolts, &
the holes in the pan must be egged slightly to make them work. My opinion is
that it is best to match the sump gasket to the sump rather than to the
engine, but it should work either way. A little extra RTV in those front
corners won't hurt.

Jim Stuart