Re: 4.2 engine-now4.6

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4.2 engine-now4.6
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:04:55 -0400
> Are you saying that you can use a distributor from and older engine?
> What other parts would be necessary?  I assume you would have to make
> some changes in order to drive the distributor.  Would you have to use
> an older oil pump and sump?
>
> Does anyone know where the 4.6 engine can be purchased for the earlier
> quoted price of $2100  U.S.?  Details would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bill Dudley

Hi Bill,

I just noted that the quoted price I had from the Miami supplier was
2000 USD not $2100

Outside of the issues I mentioned on the sump and the spacer required to
line up the crankshaft puller every thing fits....the timing cover, the
starter, the oil pump, the water pump, the distributor, the heads..even
the cam will serve you fine if you so choose.

On the fueling system..you should install a new chip if you are using a
hotwire EFI but a rising rate fuel pressure regulator will suffice on a
"flapper" EFI (with a little fiddling to find an idle). With a carbed
fuelling system you will need to re-jet of course.

Lorne