modern auto box for rover v8

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: modern auto box for rover v8
From: "John Elliott" <john@elliottjohn.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:39:26 -0000
I haven't fully researched this yet, but I'm pretty sure it will work. Get a
4-speed zf auto and shifter as fitted to all non V12 Jaguar cars from 1987
on. Replace the bellhousing with one from a four-speed auto range-rover
(same zf box but the back end is different because it bolts to the transfer
box in the RR) and you shoud have the ideal 2wd 4-speed auto, complete with
convertor lock-up in the tall overdrive top gear. There will be some
electronics issues to address if the box comes from a 1990-on car because
these had a degree of electronic control
John Elliott
TR7 FHC Russet Brown
3.9/edelbrock 500/GM180
TR7/8 Registrar