Distributor

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor
From: "Susan and Jack Brooks" <tr3a@att.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:59:25 -0800
My TR8's "in distributor" OPUS electronic ignition is officially dead and I am
looking at a GM points type distributor to replace it.  I will most likely
upgrade to electronic ignition later on.  I am looking at the distributor which
was used in the 215, 300, 340 and 350 Buick engines, the 481813 and 481812.  I'm
not quite sure what the differences are.  Can anyone help explain the
differences?

Also, should I be considering the HEI distributors?  I know there are some
fitment issues with these distributors and the TR8's manifold and one bolt.

Thanks in advance,

Jack Brooks
Covington, WA
1960 TR3A