Re: Transmissions

To: "David Kernberger" <dkern@napanet.net>, "bown" <bown@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Transmissions
From: "Neil" <neil@sherry02.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:34:18 -0000
Even with a chassis mounted diff (ie independant rear suspension) there is
still a need for some length compensation. Triumph
Herald/Spitfire/GT6/Vitesse uses a slip joint, others use CV joint to allow
for tolerances and moving of components on their rubbers. The last thing you
want to do to many bearings is add axial loadings.

Neil