Re: Old Fuel in the Sump

To: "TJNash" <mltjnash@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Old Fuel in the Sump
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:51:11 -0500
Message text written by "TJNash"
>I am new to the aluminum 3.5 V8 and I certainly don't know anything about
the TR8 but I had this same problem with an olds 350 once.  Turned to be a
bad/torn diaphragm in the fuel pump.  Fuel was leaking through the
diaphragm
and into the crankcase.  Does the TR8 have a mechanical fuel pump?  Just a
thought.
<

Luck for us TR8 owners, we have a tank mounted electric pump so this
problem is nothing for us to worry about.

As wayne pointed out, the only avenue for gas to get into the crankcase is
through the carbs.

Dave

P.S. Oh , I guess the charcoal canisters could fill up and the PCV system
could pull it in.