RE: Old Fuel in the Sump

To: "Chris & Kelly Sharp" <4sharps@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: Old Fuel in the Sump
From: "Chris & Kelly Sharp" <4sharps@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:00:38 -0800
Big thanks for all the comments.  I pulled the carbs and found several
problems.

First, the "choke" was frozen open.  I suspect this was the primary cause.
Second, the evap system was all bum fuzzled, mostly missing.  Could have
contributed
Third, one of the needles was gummed/varnished to the point of clogging the
jet.  Probably didn't directly contribute, but surely made the car run
poorly.
Fourth, both floats appeared to be fine, standard float valves weren't
sticking.

So, it's all back together.  Just need to ensure the bottom end is ok
(checking bearings), put some fresh fuel in the tank, and I should be able
to start it up.

Thanks again.  The list is great.

Chris Sharp
'64 Spitfire4