break-in procedure

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: break-in procedure
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 21:20:21 -0500
I finally plan on getting my motor back together in the next several weeks.
It went into the machine shop the FIRST WEEK of JANUARY!
My question regards proper break-in procedure on the U20.  What is the
prefered oil (detergent/non-detergent) and what weight?  Also what are
acceptable RPM ranges during break-in and how long (miles) should this take?
After spending the all dollars on the parts and machine work, I would hate
to mess it up now!!  :-)
Any tips or pointers on the rebuild are definitely appreciated!  Thanks all
for the quick responses on the "e-scribe" archives question-again (to repeat
myself) I have found the archives to be invaluable!

Nathan

69 2000
70 1600