Re: Silly Question

To: gbush@connect.ab.ca, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Silly Question
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:12:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/99 9:42:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gbush@connect.ab.ca writes:

<< I was out enjoying my roadster last night. Stopped to get some milk (my
"reason"
 for going out). When I got back to the car...the door won't close. Drove home
 with one arm holding the door. Took off the interior panel and from what I
can
 tell there should be a spring from the rod coming from the exterior door
handle
 and the door post. I tried to get a new spring on there, but my big elephant
 hands can barely fit in there let alone put a tiny spring on. >>

Try this first: There's a little tumbler type latch that rotates to close
around the "latch" on the body...and sometimes that little booger gets stuck
in the closed position, and when you try to close the door, it'll just slam
into the body-side latch. Check to see if it's closed, and then use your
finger to pop it back into open if it is. Fiddle around with the handles a
little bit, and in most cases, that should solve the problem. A little
lubicant might also help once you get the thing back in working order.

Van