Re: Silly Question

To: "John Darrin" <jcdarrin@erols.com>, <gbush@connect.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: Silly Question
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:01:03 -0500
>You should mention to them that the reason the English like warm beer is
>Lucas
>refrigerators. The proper vehicle nationalities are Japanese roadsters and
>English
>motorcycles.
>
>John Darrin
>'69 2000
>
>gbush@connect.ab.ca wrote:
>
>> BTW - I should have bought a Datsun years ago. I've always owned British
>Classics,
>> and the guys in my club are giving me a hard time for having a Datsun. My
>response
>> is that it's not leaking oil all over my garage, and I no longer have to
deal
>> with Lucus Electronics...suprisingly they are quiet after that.
>>
>> Grant Bush
>> 68 1600
>> Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

This all reminds me of a couple of bits through the years in Road &
Track. One was a cartoon of a Jag Roadster (120-150) being driven down a
road. Slung under the roadster was a net, catching parts as they detached
themselves from the car. Another time (in People & Places, I think) there
was the comment that while GM owners have Guardian Maintenance, British
car owners have Constant Maintenance.

Pete Egan's column is always good for a good chuckle, too.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)