Minnesota sure ain't San Francisco

To: jackfrost@uswest.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Minnesota sure ain't San Francisco
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:48:39 EDT
In a message dated 12-04-99 9:36:03 PM EST, jackfrost@uswest.net writes:

<< Tis very true of the newer cars I have a lotta family that lives in the
 heart of the cold land and as long as the car hasnt been on the road since
 early 70s they are not too bad cause... >>

Hello,

You want to hear about old car finds...?  Well listen to this!  As many of
you know I am a Fireman/EMT for the San Francisco Fire Dept.  I visit many
homes in the City when the sick dial 911.

Just two days ago, Sunday I went into a house where a neighbor reported
seeing smoke.  We did a quick inspection of his house and it turned out to be
just an old paper burner that was so prevolent when these house were new in
the 30's-40's.  Well, the guy that lived here was an older man in his 80's or
so.  Sort of a hermit.  His house was an absolute mess!  Paper everywhere!
Well, those are the best ones to take a peek into the garage!  For fire
safety reasons of course!

What did I see?  A cherry 60's Chevy Malibu half under the covers with
newspapers and ...... you name it piled on top.  He also had another car in
the back that was fully covered.  It was very large but I didn't uncover that
one.

This is not an uncommon story.  I know of several guys that have bought cars
sitting in garages.  One in particular was a beautiful and original first
year Mustang.  Got it for less that $1500.00.

I am waiting my turn patiently.  One day, lurking in the garage of some
ex-hippie is a Good Looking Datsun.  And there are many ex-hippies out here.
And when I find it you will be the second to hear about it.  Of course I'll
have to run it by Mary first.  ;>)

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex
San Francisco, Ca

BTW... did I mention the guy that found an early 60's Land Rover?  Wow!