Re:valves

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:valves
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:08:59 -0700
But if you're cheap,
        You can gently lap the questionable valve.  If it lapps evenly (the
whole sealing surface of the valve goes light grey) it's OK.  Only for
the ultra-cheap of budget, tho- a good valve regrind is almost always
worth it, if done by a competent person...
        My advice on the whole caboodle- get a few books on engine rebuilding.
Maybe a good 'basic' one and a 'performance' tome.  They won't teach you
everything, but are a good place to get started.  Then go roadster
FAQ'ing, which'll show you the few oddities of the roadster...
Toby