Re: valve cover shine! (and wheels too)

To: "Toby B" <toby@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: valve cover shine! (and wheels too)
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 15:18:44 -0500
What is recommended for clear coating the aluminum?  I just had my set of
Z-wheels polished and am in the process of having the valve cover of my 2L
buffed.

I tried using a clearcoat of one of the wheels but it left a cloudy finish
(looked OK but didn't have the "all out shine" I was wanting).  It also
didn't stick too well, which I noticed when I accidentally scraped the
edge-It "flaked" at the abrasion.  Is there a special clearcloat that is
more durable for aluminum and is able to withstand the heat of the engine
compartment?

Thanks
Nathan