Re: roadster security

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: roadster security
From: "Kerry Zariwny" <k.zariwny@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:54:20 -0700
Hi Guys
I also have a kill switch on my roadster but I caution the use of a club.
Ever since my dad's Toyota 4x4  was stolen a couple years ago by having the
steering wheel sawed through in order to remove the club, I have a real big
problem relying on the club for security. The kill switch I totally agree
on. Just make sure it is not in a "normal" place i.e. under the dash on the
driver's side. The switch will prevent your car from getting stolen but a
thief might still have damaged your steering column until he realizes that
you have a kill switch somewhere. Your car is saved but trashed.  So in
addition to the switch, you might also think about wiring one of those red
alarm lights. It might serve as a visual deterrent. In addition to the kill
switch, I have an Clifford alarm on my roadster but have more faith in those
$40 kill switches.

Or you always go to the local pound and pick up a Rotweiler for free and for
$1.20 for a leash, tie him to your rollbar and no one will ever touch your
car!!

Kerry Z
West Linn OR
1968 1600