Re: I think I'm going to do a frame off....(and more stuff for

To: toby@wolfenet.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I think I'm going to do a frame off....(and more stuff for
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:08:42 EDT
In a message dated 4/18/99 12:23:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
toby@wolfenet.com writes:

<<      Go for it.  It'll only add a few weeks (or months...) to the project,
 and the underside will look soooo good.  Of course, if the underside's
 already in good shape, the advantage may be more in the time it saves
 you working on the suspension and driveline.  I always wished, in
 retrospect, that I'd pulled the body off my '68.... >>

Wow, you guys think it's that bad eh? I was really hoping to get things
done-to avoid putting myself in a bad situation here-a lot quicker than that.
I mean, it seems that the car can be stripped down to the bone in about 2
days. So if you approach the car with a clear plan of attack, and don't
deviate TOO much from that plan...I'd say a decent frame off can be completed
in...a bit less than 3 months...  :)
Remember that this isn't a super duper, ultra-expensive, replate and replace
everything frame off!
We'll see how I fare........fingers crossed.

Van - if the project takes long enough, I'll be able to afford those wheels
for the brakes too. hmmmmm...