speakers, again

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: speakers, again
From: Kyle Hagemann <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:12:25 -0700
Hi there everyone;
        Sorry to flood the list again, but since my '69 was outta
commission during the recent speaker thread, let me stir it up again:
        I put a set of (Alpine?Kenwood?Pioneer?) 2-way 4" in to the
existing holes in the rear panels.  Sound (with the top out;-) is
pretty decent but is predictably lacking in the bottom end.
        As I plan on using this beast for a daily driver, I'd prefer to
leave the trunk free from "stuff".  Kinda hard to fit groceries in a
trunk fulla woofers;-]
        Two thoughts occur at this point - are there better speakers
than others for the "factory" locations?  If I can get some reasonable
low-tone performance, I'll be happy - after all, there's that lovely
U20 song to listen to!  ((Ideally in the $100-$150 range))
        Other thought is some 6" or 8" truck boxes behind the seats with
a small amp.

Looking for input on my output,

Kyle

ps - got the stereo in just fine - used some plumber's tape to make
some hangers, and put that sucker at the lower inside corner of the
dash on the driver's side - looks well finished, and I didn't have
to hack my console!

     ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
 _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28, 5spd, poly, etc. - The Z-Beast
|  _ |   |  _'@`, 69 2000, U20, shagadelic baby! - El Projecto
`-(@)------(@)-;  84 Maxima, 280ZX in sedan disguise - Mr. Max
http://www.sonic.net/~kyle 240Z tech info, Win95/8 theme, etc.

            "Real sports cars are rear-wheel drive."